Summer is my favourite time of the year! And for several reasons; the sunny days to begin with, and also all the delicious fruits available: strawberries, peaches, rockmelons and of course… cherries!!! I love cherries! You know when they have that gorgeous dark red color? That’s how I think they taste the best! I still remember, as a kid, when I was visiting my grandparents during summer, I was picking up cherries right from their cherry tree in the garden. Those were the best cherries ever!
As I was thinking about that the other day, I decided to make a cherry clafoutis. But not just a clafoutis, I wanted to add my healthy twist to it as I have been eating clean for the past few months. My mom was interested in the idea of a new twist to this classic recipe so we tried it out and it ended up being a good surprise! The consistency of the clafoutis was perfect and it tasted delicious! The whole thing was gone in 2 days haha!
If you want to satisfy your sugar craving without feeling too guilty, this recipe is for you! Plus it’s super easy to make! I hope you will enjoy it as much as me and my family did.
- 300 to 500 gr pitted cherries
- 80 gr coconut flour
- 40 gr cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 400 ml almond milk
- 100 gr coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla sugar
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- In a bowl, mix together sugars, eggs, salt, flours and add milk little by little.
- Lay some baking paper in a round baking dish and spread the cherries in it.
- Pour the batter over the cherries.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Let it cool down before taking it off the baking dish.