Protein balls are my go-to snack after a workout. They are easy to take anywhere with you and they are delicious. I love creating some new flavours for my protein balls and recently I made some with coconut, vanilla, cacao and peanut butter. They turned out delicious so I thought why not share this with you?
These bliss balls also contain some chia seeds. Chia seeds have a few non negligible health benefits that gave them the status of “superfood”and it is a nice option to add in your smoothies, protein balls, salads, oatmeal, etc Ok basically everywhere 🙂 They are full of antioxidants and loaded with omega-3 fatty acids fiber, protein and lots of other nutrients
- They stabilise blood sugar by normalising insulin resistance in your body.
- They improve digestion by regulating our bowel functions thanks to the actions of their fibres (both soluble and insoluble).
- They treat anaemia by the big amount of iron contained in them. Anaemia is a condition in which the body doesn’t have enough healthy red blood cells to carry adequate oxygen to tissues, resulting in fatigue and many other health problems.
- They keep you energised throughout the day thanks to the various vitamins and minerals they contain.
- They suppress appetite, which is one of the things you are looking for if you want to lose some weight. As they are high in fibres, when you mix them with water, they turn into something like a gel that makes them increase in volume and weight and keeps your stomach full for longer.
- They slow the ageing process thanks to their high antioxidant properties. They help maintain beautiful and young skin, hair and nails.
Moreover, the omega-3 they contain help fight against wrinkles and age spots. They also keep your skin moisturised.
These are only a few of the chia seeds health benefits. If you want to know some more, I suggest you to go have a look on the Authority Nutrition website.
So here after is my Coconut & peanut butter protein ball recipe. This recipe is made to make about 20 small balls.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup raw cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2-3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Then, shape them into small balls.
- This recipe should make about 20 balls.
If the mixture doesn't stick together, add a little bit of water to the mix.