Yes, inner thighs are definitely a problem area for us girls! Forget about the thigh gap that you might never have as it is mainly due to our bone structure, sorry but I had to mention that. Focus instead on having them toned and firm! I know it is an area quite hard to target but when you do the right moves, you will feel the difference in no time. So let’s get started!
But first of all, here are a few advice to get the best results for your thighs in addition to these moves.
- Don’t be afraid of cardio: when you burn calories, you reduce your total body fat and as you know, the inner thighs area is one where the fat likes to hide. So get on your bike, go for a swim or a run. Try to incorporated 50 minutes of intense cardio 3 to 4 times a week.
- Eat healthy and nourish your body properly before and after your workout. If you want to know what is the best food to have pre and post workout, have a look at my “What to eat before and after your workout” post.
- Try keeping a food journal or logging your food intake in an app. Lots of activity trackers come with an app like this and will also tell you the amount of calories your burnt a day as well as the calories you are allowed to eat each day to meet your goal.
- Don’t forget your water! Ditch the sugary beverages and aim for water. It will save you a considerable amount of calories, trust me! And your inner thighs will thank you for it!
- Don’t stress about it! Every body is beautiful and everyone is different. So you might not have the exact thighs you are dreaming of but you know what, you are beautiful the way you are and it is better for your own health to embrace your gorgeous body and go soak up some sun on the beach this summer!
So now let’s have a look at these 6 killer moves!
- The scissors
Lie down on the floor, your legs extended up at a 90 degrees angle. Place your hands on the floor next to your body. Engage your abs and open your legs into a v-shape. Then bring your legs back towards each other but cross the right leg over the left. Repeat the v-shape move but this time cross the left leg over the right. This counts for one rep. Repeat for 15 reps in total.
- Sumo squat
Stand up with your feet wider than hip-width apart. Point the toes out at about 45 degrees. Bend your knees and lower your butt and hips for the squat. Be careful not to let your knees go pass your toes. Making sure that you are squeezing your glutes, come back up to the starting position. Repeat this move 12 times.
- Standing inner thighs leg lift
Start standing up with your feet hip-width apart. Lift your left leg in front of you and turn your left foot out at about a 45 degrees angle. Then lower your leg down but without your foot touching the floor. It is all about balance. Repeat 15 times and then switch side.
It might help you to start with a chair as a prop. Put the chair on the opposite side that you are working and hold it with your hand. That will help keep you balanced during the move.
- Side lunge
Start standing up with your feet together. Take a large step to your right with your right foot and lower towards the floor. Your right knee should now be bent and your left leg should be relatively straight. Make sure, as for the previous sumo squat, that your right knee doesn’t go pass your toes.
Push through your right foot to get back to the starting position. And now repeat this move but on the left-hand side. Do 20 reps in total, alternating side each time.
- Frog bend
Lie on your back with your feet extended up over your hips at a 90 degrees angle. Flex your feet and keep your heels together, your toes turned out at a 45 degrees angle. Bend your knees to the side and then straighten them back up to the starting position, using your inner-thighs to control the movement. Do 15 reps in total.
- Inner thighs lift
Lie on your right-hand side, aligning your shoulders, butt and feet in one straight line, bend you left leg and place your foot on the floor in front of your right leg. Lift your bottom leg up as you exhale and lower it back down as you inhale without touching the floor. Keep your core engage during the whole move. Do 15 reps and then switch side.
And there you have it! Your 6 killer inner thighs moves. For a complete workout, repeat this sequence 3 times. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know which moves you like the best and don’t hesitate to share your own. Enjoy your workout!